Mentoring, teaching and loving kids – it’s our passion at Catalyst! You’ll see children everywhere on Sunday mornings – serving others, participating in worship, interacting with an extended faith-family that truly cares. We also offer fun-filled, Bible-based lessons that capture kids’ attention and captivate young hearts and minds. Because we believe in the power of “church + home,” we also train, resource and encourage parents to shape kids’ faith in God at home.
- Nursery care. We offer specialized nursery care, for newborns through two-year-olds, throughout the morning in the beautiful, well-equipped nurseries of Woodland’s Early Childhood Center. Experienced and loving adults (including parents just like you!), create earliest memories of God’s love and a spiritual home.
- Preschoolers. Our experienced preschool teachers lead three-year olds through pre-Ks in a special time of music, singing, stories, crafts and playtime in the Early Childhood Center’s Preschool Rooms throughout the worship time. We lay a foundation of God’s love and care while we introduce stories from God’s Word at the most formative time in a child’s life!
- Elementary (K-4th grade). Because we love children, we want them to develop relationships with God’s big family and feel part of the whole church from an early age. Studies have shown the power that families worshiping together have on a child’s long-term faith development. Kids take an active part in our 10 a.m. worship time, and after a Teaching/Learning Time for everyone, kids grades K through 4 are welcomed to a special Catalyst Kids time – kid-tailored with games, activities, and conversation as kids respond to God’s Word in small groups led by caring adults.
- Elementary (5th & 6th grade). A special time for 5th and 6th graders on the 2nd & 4th Sunday of each month during the school year. Kids worship with their families, and after our Teaching/Learning Time, gather with peers to connect with friends and caring adults, have some fun, and apply the day’s teaching to their own lives
Throughout the week:
- Summer Adventure. What are Catalyst kids up to this summer? It’s called Summer Adventure and it’s all about the Bible! Bring your children, ages 4 through elementary (and other children you know) to the 6th Avenue Community Center on Tuesdays from 1-3 pm for “Buck Denver Asks…What’s in the Bible?”, a fun video series by VeggieTales creator Phil Vischer. There are going to be activities, songs, and snacks. Drop your children off or participate with them, we’d love to have you! Summer Adventure will run from June 18 to August 13 this Summer. The only Tuesday we will not have Summer Adventure is July 2nd.
- We have fun as a church family! We’re always finding ways to “Love Alexandria” and “Love God’s World” through concerts, family fun nights, camping trips, picnics, sporting events, mission trips, and more – times where we can invite friends and be a blessing to others. In addition, we take advantage of outstanding year-around Christian camping ministry at Lake Beauty Bible Camp.
- Faith@Home. Through our “Total Family Makeover” class, stage-of-life training events, family coaching, and our Faith@Home resource table on Sunday morning, and a resource-filled Family/Faith@Home webpage, we’re committed to help you as a parent be a strong, intentional and loving spiritual influence in your family.